Why was my workers’ compensation claim denied?
Imagine you are at work and the unexpected happens, you get injured! Unfortunately, work accidents occur every day, even with the best safety practices in place. Fortunately, your employer has insurance to protect the company against medical claims for employees who get injured at work … This is called workers’ compensation insurance.
Sometimes, the unthinkable happens:
After suffering a work injury, you may not feel like yourself, you may be disoriented and in a lot of pain. You may be relying on the Workers Compensation insurance company to carry you through your injury. However, what would you do if you received a letter from your employer’s workers’ compensation claims administrator, or claims adjuster for your employer’s workers’ compensation insurer, delaying your workers’ compensation benefits? Or, even worse, a message simply denying your entire workers compensation claim?
Why was my claim delayed? Why was my claim denied?
Many legitimate injuries may be denied … Why? Here are some of the main reasons why workers’ compensation insurers may deny claims:
• Your accident was unwittnessed. No one knows what happened, but you.
• You didn’t report your injury immediately. You waited until after lunch, the end of the day, the next morning.
• Your accident report and initial medical records are inconsistent.
• Your initial medical records show the presence of illegal drugs in your system
• You filed a workers’ compensation claim after you were fired or laid off
• You refused to give the insurance company a recorded statement or refused to sign medical authorizations.
What should you do?
Contact the Philadelphia Workers Compensation Lawyers at Pearson Koutcher Law
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
At Pearson Koutcher Law, our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation attorneys have extensive experience representing clients injured in all types of workplace accidents and as a result of various on-the job hazardous conditions. We understand the complexities of medical diagnoses and work hand –in-hand with your medical care provider to properly address your needs and get you the benefits you deserve under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act. Call us to today at 215-627-0700 to set up an appointment with one of our knowledgeable lawyers to discuss your rights under your Act.
Pearson Koutcher Law
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103