Airline and Airport Workers: Ground Support, Maintenance, Flight Attendant, Front Desk workers
Pennsylvania workers’ compensation covers a wide variety of injuries including those sustained by airline and airport workers. Airports are big and busy and the work home to many workers who are subject to accidents while operating the front desk, directing traffic on the tarmac or helping a passenger in the air. Furthermore, Airports remain open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and in all type of weather increasing the risk for a work accident. From back injuries to carpal tunnel syndrome to fatal injuries, the types of airport workers we represent include ground support, maintenance, mechanics, flight attendants, front desk workers, shuttle operators, traffic control, baggage handlers, belt loaders, cleaning staff, catering staff, fuel truck drivers, gate agents and technicians.
What are the types of work injuries that could occur at an airport?
- Slip and Falls, which cause injuries such as back, knee, or neck injuries and can happen anywhere throughout the airport and caused by icy tarmacs, moving walkways,
- Repetitive Stress injury such as carpal tunnel
- Herniated discs, tendonitis and sprains and strains
- Psychological injuries
- Crushing injuries, broken bones and lacerations
- Electrical burns or shocks
- And other medical conditions
What to Do After a Work Injury at the Airport?
- Immediately report your injury or work-related illness to your employer or supervisor. Tell them you were hurt on the job as well as the date and location of the injury.
- Seek medical attention. You may need to see your employer’s doctor, which depends on if your employer maintains a panel physician list. Ask if your employer has such a list and, if they do, ask that it is provided to you immediately. If they do not have a list, you are free to treat with whichever doctor you choose.
- Know your rights. Contact the Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers, at Pearson Koutcher Law and speak with a lawyer with expertise in workplace injury law. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience helping injured workers throughout Pennsylvania and will help you fully understand your rights as an injured employee and assist you in seeking the full Workers’ Compensation benefits you deserve under the law.
The Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at Pearson Koutcher Law are here for you!
Injured at work? Let our seasoned workers’ compensation attorneys take care of you. At Pearson Koutcher Law, we strive to give you the personalized attention you deserve and fight to get you the benefits you are entitled to and the medical treatment you need. Our work attorneys provide outstanding service and exceptional results through hard work and communication. Consultations are arranged at the convenience of the workman’s comp client, whether in our office or at the client’s home. Let us help you.